Monday, December 19, 2011

WHY BOTHER???!

Well Im a very young mom to a little girl who is going to start school and still looking for work, and even though Im home with my mother still i find i never have time to do anything and when I do go out Im so tired I sometimes don't feel like doing anything with my hair or putting makeup on...I've seen plenty of moms who don't worry about their image and don't care what others may say about how you look but you should care! I have to remind my self that mommy time is very important!!! It's soooo important to have time for your self in your crazy schedule, Im always busy taking care of my little princess but its important to take care of myself too! 

I know its extremely hard especially for breastfeeding moms, trust me I KNOW! It can get crazy pumping every 3 hours and then feeding your baby and keeping the house in order and playtime with your baby and laundry and etc BUT you must have MOMMY TIME! even if its a manicure, pedi, getting your hair done or what ever find the time to look great...your baby can sense stress or anger and tension from you and that will give you a fussy baby its so important to keep your self happy to have a great time with your baby.


My experience as a first time mommy not to mention a breast feeding mommy was so stressful and hard for me! I got pregnant at 18 and did not have a clue on what i was getting myself into...me and my boyfriend did not know what we were having nor did we want to know (although I had a feeling it was a girl) so we didn't even know where to start! I didn't have much help from my mother because she is a hard worker and hardly ever has time for herself, so i was basically clueless. I had a lot of advice from other mommies I knew and i was so grateful...BUT no one ever told me how hard it was going to be to breastfeed!!! 

The morning my LO (little one) was born from a c-section i was in a daze everything went smoothly and fast she was born 7lbs and 7 oz and the procedure only took 50 mins i went in at 8 am and she was born at 8:50 am. i knew i wanted to bf (breast feed) but i did not know how hard and painful it was going to be! The very first latch was PERFECT no pain no nothing i thought "awesome! no sweat!! this is EASY!!" but i was WRONG!!! little did i know it was because of the pain killers and everything i had gotten for the procedure the next day i was in tears and thought what am i doing wrong! i met with the lactation consultant and she helped me for 3 out of the 7 days i was in the hospital but i still scabbed and bled and swelled up my milk came in the 2nd day of my stay at the hospital and it was a relief i had gotten depressed and thought i wasn't feeding my baby enough and i thought i was a horrible mother! she had lost 7oz (which is normal for bf babies) but i panicked i was almost going to give up but everyone said to keep going it will get better. At home i was happier and had less anxiety but i was still depressed and stressed i started to give her Similac advanced because i felt i wasn't producing enough milk but i was and the problem was just that i had a sleepy baby. When me and my boyfriend got the Medela pump in style advance it was the best thing we could have ever done! i pumped for 15 to 20 mins every 3 hrs and it was wonderful my LO was already eating 4 oz when i got the pump and at first i was only pumping out 1 oz per session so i had to BF then bottle feed my pumped milk and on top of that give her Similac advanced. 

Through out all of this it is very important to treat yourself to mommy time it helped me through my post  part-um depression to just see myself with my hair done or nails done or even just mascara and lipgloss, even though i felt horrible from the c-section and soreness on my boobs it made me feel better to look a little pretty! and trust me it will make your process go more smoothly!  
































Pump hands free like me=] I got a medium and white and it was so comfortable to pump and read or be online etc!!


No comments:

Post a Comment